Thanks

Impossible to get an answer from Facebook

Does ANYone know a sure way to contact FB management and get answers? I have used "report a problem" etc and that goes no where.

My problem is that I have two FB home pages. One is a Timeline with only a few things posted and linked to it. Then I have my original page. I don't have a clue how this came about except that in late July there was a message on the top of my page that on August 4 they were switching me to Timeline, so I said Okay, if I have to, and created a cover photo. This page stayed around a few days and reverted to my old page, and now I have them both.

Messages from friends are showing up in one place or the other.... not both. I want to get rid of one of them.... actually if I was smart I'd ditch the whole thing, but it is how I keep up with my Grands!

BJ

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Midnight, see if this page helps:
    https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=185698814812082

I also have a facebook account strictly to keep track of the grandkids and to play Words with Friends. I never post to it but just use the newsfeeds to keep up.

Jerry

Thanks
    Thanks Jerry, but it does not help.... when I try to disable or delete one, they both are affected. I believe that this will have to be handled by FB if they'd ever talk to me!!
    Or as I said before, I could delete and start over!! [or not!!]

BJ

Thanks
    I got myself a FB page recently and I've been regretting it ever since.
    Goes to show you it only takes a few moments to do something stupid.

Thanks
    Gee Clint, you are a BIG help!! But at least you can just delete yours. (but then what would your "friends" do?)
    BJ

Thanks
    You will have to delete your accounts, wait a certain amount of time, then start over.
    FB will store your accounts for a specific amount of time after deletion.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Facebook contacts

Thanks
    I had great hopes for this suggestion but I am still in the endless loop of canned messages.

Thanks
    I'm seriously thinking about ditching Facebook too. The other day I was looking for somethin on SanDisk's web site. When I signed onto Facebook, voila! there was an add on my page from SanDisk. I'm sorry, but that really #$%@#$%$ me off. I have since re set my privacy and will see if that happens again. If it does, goodbye Facbook.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I too joined Facebook over a year ago mostly to keep up with the grandkids and close friends. When I had questions or problems I was never able to reach a live person and never got a helpful answer through their automated system. I never used any of their apps because I always felt their lack of security of users private info was appalling! Then, when they forced the new Time Line on me without an "opt out" option, I had had enough. I deleted my account and, while I will admit to about of week of withdrawal, I don't regret my decision.

Thanks
    Leo Notenboom gives us the bottom line answer in his Ask Leo! this week and I quote:

"Is there a way to contact Facebook?
    Ultimately, no.
    Once again, like many other services, Facebook is a free service and as a result, they have almost no direct customer support In fact, they have no direct customer support. There is nobody to talk to. There is nobody to send email to. There is nobody to complain to."

Thanks to Leo, I will quit beating my keyboard to death trying and move on!!

Cheers!

BJ
    Last edited by midnight; 2012-09-28 at 07:07.

Thanks
    Not exactly shocking is it.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Thanks
    Nor surprising. Will have to find some other way to know what the grands are doing. Or maybe I don't really need to know!

BJ

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One has to remember, that despite its reputation, AOL left a couple of marks on the industry...

If a user can't report a problem, it doesn't exist.

You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave.

It seems that Facebook (among others) follow the same pattern.
    Last edited by Ken Kashmarek; 2012-10-04 at 06:04.