I suddenly lost internet connectivity on a Windows 7 computer with a wired connection two days ago. &nbsp;Several others computers are able to connect via &nbsp;both wired and wireless connections, all through the same router. &nbsp;There is a Netgear ethernet switch between the computer with the problem and the router. A second computer computer that connects through the same Netgear switch is able to connect to the internet. So I think I've isolated the problem to the computer in question.
On the Network and Sharing Center window it shows that it is connected to an "unidentified" public network. &nbsp;Its not seeing the home/private network that the other computers are connecting through, and "network discovery" is not finding the home/private network. Typing 192.168.1.1 results in a "Can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.1 message.
Things I've tried:
1. Moving the cable to different ports on the switch.
2. Trying a different cable.
3. Deleting the Ethernet card in Device Manage then rebooting. & Device Manager says the device is working properly.
4. Ipconfig release, etc. Also dns &nbsp;and winsock reset.
5. Setting a static IP address and DNS. Though I was unable to find default gateway settings when I ran ipconfig /all.
I checked google for a solution but so far have found nothing that has worked.
I use the built in Windows 7 firewall.