New Lounger
    Thanks

Suddenly True Crypt doesn't like my Desktop

Last week when I attempted to add some financial documents to my True Crypt encrypted file, the program started then shut down when I attempted to select the encrypted file. A window appeared indicating the program had run into a problem and was closing and for me to send info covering all the particulars to the True Crypt site. This problem is on my home built desktop with 7 Ultimate 64 and the program has has running fine since installed (more than 2 years). The program runs without a problem on my HP laptop with Home Premium 64. Both machines are current with Windows updates and are running Norton AntiVirus. I haven't received any feedback from True Crypt as yet.

This is my first post and a little long winded, but i would appreciate any ideas as to the cause of the problem and its solution.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Have you tried TrueCrypt's support forum? so I think you're most likely to get knowledgeable help there. I think you will need to provide more info, anyway, about error messages and such, to allow your problem to be identified.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As you suggested, I will dig into the forum to see if there is a solution for my installed problem, however I find that it will run well from the command line, so will use that way for now. Thanks for your reply.