Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED_(Ndu.sys)

I used Macrium Reflect to restore my Win 8 Pro RP partition and everything was fine for a while. Now however I get the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED_(Ndu.sys) message and when the system reboots check disk checks all drives.

Check disk found errors on the Win 8 partition and repaired them, but after check disk completed I tried again to boot into Win 8 but the result was the same. I tried repairing with the installation dvd, and was told startup errors were repaired, but the problem remains.

If anyone can tell me how to resolve this I would be grateful.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    You can find some information on the error here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

I see your motherboard has a UEFI BIOS. Is your system disk formatted as GPT? I don't know if Macrium handles GPT.

Jerry

Thanks
    It appears support for GPT disks is only in the professional and enterprise editions.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, thanks but I had already seen the info in the link you kindly provided, and nothing there seems to help.

My system disk is not formatted as GPT. I have one GPT disk split into two partitions, and I have the Professional version of Macrium so no problem there.

I noticed the following in the Event Log:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    CSN5PDTS82
    CSN5PDTS82x64

Any ideas as to what I can do about that?

Further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Further to my previous post, Win 8 is installed on the third partition of one of my hard disks. Partition 1 is C-Win 7 and is Active. The Win 8 partition is not shown as Active, because as I understand it you cannot have more than 1 Active partition per disk.Could this be the root of the problem? If so I could format the third partition and then reinstall Win 8 on another disk, subsequently restoring the data from a Macrium image. Does this sound sensible, or do you see drawbacks?

Please advise.

Roy Whitethread

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Further to post #5 I bit the bullet and reinstalled Win 8 as outlined in post#5, and touch wood everything went well.

I have not yet reinstalled avast! internet security. Avast support have just told me that their current version is not compatible with Win8 and that this will be fixed in their next version.

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    That is correct. There have been reported problems with Avast.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy