Lounger
    Thanks

Insert as Paste (Word97 SR2)

I have a user who wonders about the "Use the INS key as paste" option from the edit tab of Tools Options. She likes to use Insert as paste, but the setting doesn't persist. She works on documents that are shared by several others. Is this setting maintained for each document? It doesn't seem to be set by normal.dot. I'm wondering if the setting is changed to the preference of the last person modifying and saving the document. If it's not set that way, how can I get it to persist for her?

Thanks very much. The help I've gotten from this group (even as a lurker) to date has been great.

Regards
    Michael Dagley

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert as Paste (Word97 SR2)

Hi Michael:

The option is kept in the registry Data key. It should persist, just like the other options do on the Edit tab. If her computer is used by others, or if the administrator resets the options, then she may have trouble. There is also the possibility that the Data key is starting to corrupt. Symptoms of that include not having the MRU list update to add the latest files.

If she is experiencing other symptoms with options, then there are posts explaining how to delete the Data Key in the registry (Word will rebuild it).

Hope this helps.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert as Paste (Word97 SR2)

Thanks very much for your help. Now I know where to look, at least, though procedures in place here might mean we have to live with the situation (they use very aggressive methods to insure all users have a "standard" build).

Regards
    Michael