Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to read, delete or forward emails in Hotmail. HELP!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, IE 9/Firefox 15.0.1, Google Chrome

Problem started yesterday (Sep 5, 2012), before that OK for years & years. Problem is intermittent, so after many tries I may get lucky and Hotmail may work kinda OK (but still w/o the previous look & feel).

Basically, after logging into Hotmail, the Inbox shows emails in a garbled manner, with all the menu commands listed vertically, then my folders, etc. and finally the emails (read or not). Clicking on a new email doesn't open it; if I get lucky and it opens (way at the bottom, not at the top like it used to), then when I try to Forward it it may not work OR it may open with a barely visible box to type in the email address. Deleting doesn't work; if it does, selecting several emails will not delete all of them, just the one on the top. If I want to delete a number of emails and keep a few, tough luck - the deletion works sequentially from top to bottom, and even an unselected email will get deleted if it happens to be next-in-line (and then I have to go retrieve it from the Trash). Problem is common across Firefox (which I use almost exclusively), IE (v9) and Google Chrome. I have tried clearing the browsers' caches, run them w/o add-ons/in safe mode, even rebooted y PC several times but the problem is persistent.

This is VERY frustrating. No new software has been installed on my PC recently. The last Windows updates were last month. Does anyone have any clue what's going on? I am, as my name suggests, completely stumped.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I explored the answers on Microsoft Answers forum on Hotmail. It appears quite a few folks are having this issue. The trick is to go into Options/More Options/Adv Privacy Settings and change to Always use HTTPS. It seems to be working for me - atleast for now.