New Lounger
    Thanks

(SOLVED!) HP Mini 2102 WWAN swap out help

I've got an HP MIni 2102 that is running Windows 7 Home Premium x64, with a working WWAN module in it with service through Verizon. The Mini is unfortunately inoperable, but the hard drive and WWAN module are still good. Would it be possible for me to buy a working Mini netbook of the exact same model, and simply swap out the hard drive and WWAN module? I'd like to maintain wireless service through the WWAN card, but I'm not sure if additional configuration would be needed.

Obviously, since it's the exact same model, the Windows 7 installation on my current hard drive would have all the necessary drivers right? And with my WWAN module, wouldn't Verizon be able to detect my current settings, so I could get back online without hassle, like I did before the netbook died? And would I have to reactivate Windows again?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Circanum; 2012-09-10 at 14:54. Reason: Issue is resolved

New Lounger
    Thanks
    OK great news everyone! I posted the same question in the HP Support Forums, and thanks to a helpful poster there, I found a viable solution to the problem! You can check out the thread here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireles...1838735#M33782

Needless to say, now that my problem is resolved, there is no need to reply to this post, and I'm marking this thread as solved.