Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect Backups

Using the latest version of Macrium Reflect Professional Edition I have up to date images of all my drives, including the Win 8 RP partition. All the backups have ben made from within Win 7. Is there any need for me, when booting into Win 8 RP, to make another backup of the Win 8 partition, and if so should I delete the Win 8 partition backup made in Win 7?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Roy,

I see no need to reimage from inside Win 8. I image my laptop which dualboots 2 copies of Win 7 and have never had a problem restoring and booting both copies. I don't however image from within either copy. I use either a copy of MR Free on a bootable {Windows PE} USB Key or my newest method of having a separate partition on my USB Backup HDs that boots the MR Free in Win PE and stores the image on the other partition on the drive. I just think it is better do do your images with out any interference from Windows {the copy being imaged, that is}. YMMV
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

royw (2012-10-14)

Thanks
    Roy, What I do is create all my Images from outside Windows to start. I boot to my Rescue Boot Disk, then create my Images from there. I can include one, 2 or all 3 partitions doing this. I can also Restore any or all the partitions from the Rescue Boot Disk. When I open Acronis, it asks me what OS I wish to Restore. After I choose which OS, it then asks me where to restore to. I choose the partition and choose Proceed, DONE!

I believe the same holds true for Macrium Reflect.
    Last edited by Medico; 2012-10-14 at 12:24.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

royw (2012-10-14)