New Lounger
    Thanks

Constant Access to Help File (Office 2KSR1 / Works Suite)

Hi all, non-urgent question but it's been bugging me for a while.
    I have a PC which came with MS Works Suite (2001 version I think) pre-installed on the image. This includes a copy of Word 2000, Works spreadsheet and some other stuff. I also have a full copy of MS Office 2000 Professional (purchased separately). I installed the whole of Office on top of the standard image - every option installed on the hard disk.
    But, on a fairly regular basis when I look something up in the help file it fires up the MS Office install routine and starts looking for the MS Office CD to install something "on demand".
    So, why, when I did a full install isn't it all on the disk and accessible?
    The thing I asked for help on comes up before the installer kicks in (so it is already on the disk)
    If I try and go through the CD feeding it doesn't like my Office CDs and keeps wanting the Word CD that came with Works - but I was working in Excel!
    It's the whole of Works on the disk and that was installed before the whole of Office -I've already done one reinstall :-(
    Any ideas? I don't use the Works stuff much and I suppose I could deinstall everything, reinstall Works (if I can exclude Word - can I do that?) and then the whole of Office 2000 but is there an easier way (ie quicker).
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Constant Access to Help File (Office 2KSR1 / Works Suite)

You don't ordinarilly run both Works and Office on the same machine, and it sounds like they're fighting. I would suspect that you need to uninstall Works and then reinstall Office to get the Windows installer to stop losing its mind.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Constant Access to Help File (Office 2KSR1 / Works Suite)

Yes, I expect you're right, it seems to make sense doesn't it.
    The thing about the Works suite is that it comes with a lot of useful software - specifically a route planning application and Microsoft Money - both of which I use a lot - sorry that was not what I said the first time - I'd forgotten these two came with Works and not separately. What I have is probably officially called the Works Suite or something - 7 CDs of it!
    I think (don't quote me) that I could not exclude Word when I (re) installed Works the last time and I needed the rest of it so I took the lot.
    But, it's now 07:00 pm on a Friday night so I'm going to go home and have another go at a reinstall tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works any better then.
    Thanks