New Lounger
    Thanks

Performance Monitor

Hi, I've only just read the email "Exploring Windows' Administrative Tools: Part 2" and was particularly interested in the article about performance monitoring. Unfortunately, after following the link as suggested to open the resource monitor. all I got was a virtually blank page with the word "configuration" at the top.
    I would appreciate any advice about accessing the resource monitor.
    Thanks

Bob

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    A quick way: Click the Start Button, type the word "resource" and click on the Resource Monitor link that appears at the top of the menu.

A long way is to open Computer, then select System Properties from the menu bar at the top. Next, in the System window that opens, select Performance Information and Tools at the bottom or the left hand pane. The Performance Information and Tools Window will open; now select Advanced Tools in the left hand pane and finally select Open Resource Monitor in the list of tools.

I use the first method.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I start it from the Resource Monitor button on the Performance tab of Task Manager.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile Performance Monitor

Thank you Tinto Tech and Satrow. Both methods adopted (spoiled for choice now) .

Bob