2 Star Lounger
    North Carolina USA in winter, Maine in summer
    Thanks

Remove photo (.jpeg) tags in Windows 7

I am not sure that this is the right forum for this question and would not mind if it was moved to another forum.

Anyway, I have a folder of .jpeg's that somehow, inadvertently, had tags applied that have nothing to do with the photos. I feel that there must be a way to remove the incorrect tags from these 75 jpeg's but I have been unable to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Open properties of each picture. go to 'Details' tab where you can click on the Tag name and delete it or rename it. If you have lots of pictures this will take a lot of time.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    Picassa can batch edit tags. Click on the show/hide tags panel icon at the bottom right. Select all the photos you want to have a common tag, type the new tag (or space if you no longer want a tab) and you're done.

Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Clive-
    Thanks for the post! I have already tried that and for some reason nothing happens when I click on "Tag"- most peculiar!

Jerry-
    Thanks for your post. Batch editing is exactly what I want to do. I downloaded and installed Picasa and did as you suggested. The tag no longer appears in the Tag panel but still shows in the jpeg itself. Do you have any idea what am I doing wrong?

Jerry Young

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The "tag" I am referring to in the photo still shows after editing with a space (specifically) as "johnbd2012 002.jpeg" rather than simply "002.jpeg"

Thanks
    The only thing I can think of is that the tag is unique to a specific photo editing package. Does the tag show up in Windows explorer when you click on properties for a picture file and then click on the details tab? What program did you use to insert the tags?

Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry-
    I downloaded the pics from my SD card using a Kodak 4-in-1 card reader using the default "Import Pictures" option when the card was inserted . Unfortunately, I did not see in this process that the tag in question was in place rather than a blank (no tag). I am not sure what program this entails but the default program for viewing the pics in Windows Photo and Fax Viewer. And, yes, the tag shows up in Windows Explorer properties details but when I click on the tag section nothing happens other than it is highlighted.

Jerry Young

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledMainer View Post
    The "tag" I am referring to in the photo still shows after editing with a space (specifically) as "johnbd2012 002.jpeg" rather than simply "002.jpeg"
    "johnbd2012002.jpeg" is a file name. If you are wanting to change the file name, right-click and select "Rename".
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledMainer View Post
    Clive-
    Thanks for the post! I have already tried that and for some reason nothing happens when I click on "Tag"- most peculiar!

Jerry-
    Thanks for your post. Batch editing is exactly what I want to do. I downloaded and installed Picasa and did as you suggested. The tag no longer appears in the Tag panel but still shows in the jpeg itself. Do you have any idea what am I doing wrong?

Jerry Young
    You need to click on the Tag name not the label 'Tag'.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.