3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subscribing to Windows calendar

I am trying to subscribe to US Holiday calendar for my Windows Calendar. I went to the website http://www.icalshare.com/ to find US Holidays. After clicking on the link “Subscribe to Calendar” I see this dialog box:

This only gives me the option of Microsoft Outlook or 30 Boxes (which I am unfamiliar with). When I select “Choose” it takes me to a Search of my computer, but I do not know where Windows Calendar is located.

I tried using the URL of Webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/US32holidays.ics in the Subscribe link on Windows calendar, but received Error 503:Service Unavailable message.

I could use your help in loading the subscription and would like to know of a couple of good sites for other calendars to subscribe.

Thanks in advance,
    Richard Spring

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do not know why the two pictures did not post, but you should get the general idea.
    Richard Spring

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well I answered my own question.
    At the website http://www.icalshare.com/ to find US Holidays. After clicking on the link “Subscribe to Calendar”, then select “Choose” to take me to a Search of my computer. In the search box I went to C:/Program Files/Windows Calendar/WinCal, then Open.

It loads very nicely thank you.

The website has 4300 different calendar to subscribe.

Thanks for letting me figure it out.
    Richard Spring