New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Compacting Thunderbird folders loses e-mail, but Thunderbird going away?

It seemed to me after reading the entire that these comments:
    "And by the way, Thunderbird development is winding down. Version 15 was just released, and there are additional upgrades in the pipeline that will bring Thunderbird to Version 17. But that's the end of the line for this classic mail client. " and "Thunderbird is still current and good (I use it!), but its days are numbered. It's time for Thunderbird users to start thinking about an alternative. "
    were totally wrenching from context, distorting the overall meaning of the
    MozillaWiki! There was nothing in that Wiki about "end of the line",
    but only that the email client was a solid product, didn't require further upgrading, with the emphasis in the future to be maintenance, security, and stability, e.g. "
    we are proposing to adapt the Thunderbird release and governance model in a way that allows both ongoing security and stability maintenance as well as community driven innovations for the product."
    That hardly indicates that the 20,000,000+ users of Thunderbird need to be searching out a new, alternative email client!
    Perhaps that entire MozillaWiki deserves a thorough perusal!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, after reading that Wiki I am more calmer now than I have been these past months.

The "Cloud" is not a good thing. I talk from a "data" stand point. E-mail is not just an e-mail, but it is data. Data in the wrong hands can be disastrous to our lives.

So I am glad that Mozilla is not ditching Thunderbird, it looks like more "cleaning" is going on.

Thanks lodavesf for the link, great reading and a better understanding of what is going on in the business of Mozilla.
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 920 DO][Asus P6T Deluxe v2][9GB Corsair memory][EVGA GTX 260 SC][1 x 256GB Crucial M4][750W Corsair PSU][Antec 900][Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit][3 x Dell U2410 @max. res.]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to swatbat2142 For This Useful Post:

bonalba (2012-10-04)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Speaking of Thunderbird,It either starts to slowly or just freezes up and refuses to work. I have used Thunderbird since the early days and really do not want to migrate to something else. What can I do to improve Thunderbird's performance?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This could be any number of reasons. You can PM me and we can start there.

Send me your hard drive specs first; maker and model number. I'll watch for you in my inbox
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 920 DO][Asus P6T Deluxe v2][9GB Corsair memory][EVGA GTX 260 SC][1 x 256GB Crucial M4][750W Corsair PSU][Antec 900][Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit][3 x Dell U2410 @max. res.]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]