Star Lounger
    Thanks

What do you think I should do?

I think I have gotten my first virus ever. I was expecting a tracking number from USPS so I opened up the email and opened up the attachment. Crap is what I found. My essentials saw it but for some reason it must have slipped through. Unless it was just a freak thing and my SSD drive went at the same time. I did a restart and then a system restore and then my virus prot. said it found something again and cleaned it but needed to be restarted. When I restarted it would not restart and my SSD was no where to be found in bios. I then put in W7 and did a repair and it said it needed to do something to my startup so I did that. I then did another repair and it found the SSD but I decided before I did that I would put it in my other computer and do a virus check to clean it. Is that going to work? What do you think I should do?

Thanks
    Hi ingeborgdot, this is what I suggest. ESET NOD32 Online Scan.docx
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Get one of these (or both) and run them from a command line (boot into safe mode, command prompt), after getting them into a USB key:

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/
    http://live.vipreantivirus.com/

I
    don't think there is a need to get the drive into another PC.

Hope you fix it.

IMHO, this also shows why relying on a single real time security app, especially one that is just average as MSE, is risky.