Thread: Video card

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Video card

I'm trying to locate and identify my video card. I have a Packard Bell Multimedia S605 running Win98SE. In Control Panel/System/Device manager, I looked under Sound, Video & Game controllers, but it's all audio stuff there. But, under "Display Adapters," I see "S3 Inc. Trio 64V2." I suppose that's my video card...? I'm having a problem with my display, and my plan is to delete the video card, then reboot to force Windows to rebuild the drivers. It says the device is "working properly," but I can't get anything beyond 16 colors and bare-bones resolution. The lounge pages look like crap at these settings, y'know!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Video card

<hr>I see "S3 Inc. Trio 64V2." I suppose that's my video card...? <hr>

Yup, that's your video card. Remove it but make sure you have the latest drivers. That's an older chipset - but there are still drivers for it.
    -Mark

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Video card

Usually this video device supports 256 color 800x600 resolution or better. If you have only 16 color 640x480 resolution, definitely somethig's wrong with your driver.
    If you have difficulties to find driver for S3, try one from Compaq http://www.compaq.com/support/files/deskto...wnload/309.html
    This driver should work on your machine.
    If you want better resolution, you can buy PCI video card (your S3 device is integrated in motherboard, and this motheboard has no AGP slots).