3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 Inserting Photos into Table Cell

I thought that I requested information on this before, but could not find the thread.

We have a template which is set up with a Word table. The table has one cell which needs to stay a size to allow two photos on the page. Until recently when a jpg is inserted, the photo would size to the table cell, but in Word 2010 the picture must be manually sized to the cell.

Did something change in Word 2010? Are there some settings that we can change to get the photo to size to the cell? I have read the articles about "In line with text" which is our default. What are we missing?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It seems to work if you do the following (via the Table Tools - Layout tab - Properties dialog):

1. Table properties - Options: Make sure "Automatically resize to fit contents" is not selected.

2. Row properties: Set the row height to Exactly <value>.

3. Column properties: Set the preferred width of the column.

If you do all this, any picture that you insert should automatically resize to fit the cell.

Hope this works for you.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Anne

If I follow the steps in a one cell table, the picture fits in the cell. Our table has three columns and four rows. The picture goes into the right-hand column, which has all the rows merged into one cell. I cannot set the row height to a value, because it changes the first row for the entire table. Any other ideas?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Would it work if you created a 2-column, 1-row table with the right-hand column set to the size you want for the image, and then inserted a 2-column, 4-row table into the left-hand column (so you have a table within a table)? If you do that, you can insert the image into the right-hand column of the outer table without affecting the row size of the inner table.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry it has taken so long to get back to the lounge (vacation).

I like your idea. This document is a template, which used to work in Office 2003. I will need to do a little redesign to try this. I'll let you know how it works for us.

Thank you, Anne.