New Lounger
    Thanks

Pc cannot update windows or antivrus...all downloads is corrupted

My pc cannot update my antivirus including windows update or windows defender. And if i try to download anything it will be corrupted before completing the download. please is there anything i can do because any virus, malware or spyware tool i try to download will show me corrupt. what should i do

Thanks
    It sounds as though you are already infected. Try to download a good AV app onto a flash drive on another PC. I would also download MalwareBytes Antimalware onto the flash drive.

Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and attempt to run these apps from the Flash Drive you downloaded them to.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Hi romeosreal,

WSL.JPG

If using MBAM as Ted suggested, you will need the portable version. I prefer using http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html in Safe Mode.
    Last edited by Roderunner; 2012-09-19 at 14:49. Reason: typo
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

bobprimak (2012-09-20)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks for the replies, but i've once downloaded superantispyware portable version to a flash drive but as it was extracting it started showing "corrupt file". but i'll try MBAM now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by romeosreal View Post
    thanks for the replies, but i've once downloaded superantispyware portable version to a flash drive but as it was extracting it started showing "corrupt file". but i'll try MBAM now
    The best method of getting a portable scanner is to download it to a USB using a CLEAN pc then using it in Safe Mode.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Yes, see if you can borrow someone's PC to download these apps to a flash drive. Otherwise your corrupted install will continue it's nefarious ways.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by romeosreal View Post
    Super Antispyware Portable is a.COM file, not a .EXE file. It doesn't extract anything. The links at the web site are messed up Go back in there and use the "for Existing License Holders" little link near the bottom of this page. That will download the .COM which is simply a download and runs from a Flash Drive without extracting anything. I don't know why the folks at SAS.com have the links messed up, but this has been the case for quite some time now.

Definitions are inlcuded in SAS Portable, and cannot be updated. so download it fresh for each run.

My Windows XP computer can't run the SAS Core or the Updater in the present version (requires too many system and RAM resources), so that's how I know about SAS Portable.

And by all means also try MBAM Portable. The more scans (up to a point) the better. They detect different malware, and use different scanning methods.
    Last edited by bobprimak; 2012-09-20 at 18:45.
    -- Bob Primak --