Star Lounger
    Thanks

Help uninstalling Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0

Dell N1050 i5 2.4 4GB laptop
    running Win 7 Home Pre

I tried to uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0 using uninstall from Control Panel. It did not work.
    I then tried to uninstall using CCleaner uninstall, it did not work. Here is the message I received.

"error 1316. A network error occured while attempting to read from file c:\windows\installer\adobephotoshopelements8.0.msi ."

Wizard interrupted before adobe photoshop elements 8.0 could be completely uninstalled.

It said to go to Photoshop and deactivate the serial number(of computer) in help. I can not get into help, it takes me to the start up page for elements 8 and no further.

My question is how do I uninstall this program now?

I need to get it off my computer, according to Secunia PSI 3.0 this program is vulnerable and there are no updates available for this version.

thank you for any help you can give me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Glendad,

If hou have the CD try reinstalling the program. If that is successful then download Revo Uninstaller Free and use that to do the uninstall. Before attempting the removal using Revo I'd suggest rebooting the machine.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Glen,

according to Secunia PSI 3.0 this program is vulnerable and there are no updates available for this version.
    This just means the program has been replaced by v.9; NO NEED to uninstall - just right-click, and tell PSI to ignore.

Zig

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Glen,

This just means the program has been replaced by v.9; NO NEED to uninstall - just right-click, and tell PSI to ignore.

Zig
    Hi Glen,

I totally agree with Zig. I also have Photoshop Elements 8 installed and get the same notification from Secunia PSI. Elements is an expensive (usually $99.00) and useful piece of software. I believe that Elements is currently at version 10, and Adobe usually releases the new version around October or November, so version 11 should be out soon. Version 8 probably has been end of life for almost 2 years. Unless you have absolutely no intention of ever using Elements again, follow Zig's advice and hang on to it. I have kept mine and have had no issues.

John

PS: Regarding RG's response; I have read elsewhere that the installation disk is required to uninstall, so that was also good advice!
    Last edited by johjue; 2012-09-19 at 22:20.
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It was preinstalled on the computer, so no disk.

I think I messed it up when I tried to uninstall. I will check.

thanks for your help.........................glenda