Banned Member
    Thanks

HTC unveil its latest Windows phones 8X and 8S

Thanks
    I watched a replay of the event, and really it was pretty boring. Other than tiles, Camera, and Audio, the only thing they talked about was the asthetics..
    Nothing mentioned on the specs of the phone. But those are posted on line, all over the place, and I must say they are really pretty impressive. The 8x is making me lean back towards HTC over Nokia, and I'm not an HTC fan.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I think Nokia is the way to go, with Windows Phones. The Lumia 920 is truly the most innovative phone and there are a huge number of apps available only for the Nokia phones, made by Nokia. The number is actually quite impressive. Nokia has done stuff on the software side, stuff that even Microsoft has not. Their latest version of the Nokia suite even allows you to sync the phone with Outlook, something Microsoft didn't want to do and that I kinda missed when I bought my Lumia 800.

Other than that, I also think the HTC design is really a copy of the earlier Nokia designs. I hate these manufacturers who do nothing but copy someone else's designs. I don't think I will ever buy a phone from these Asian manufacturers. Nokia has a solid reputation for delivery of quality phones and it was really Nokia who brought life to Windows Phone. HTC and the other are much more invested in Android and if it were for them, I guess there would hardly be a Windows Phone at all. They deserve no prize for that.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Yes, I was going to mention to 't8ntlikly' that there will, also, be excellent Windows8 phones from Nokia. I, myself, have had Nokia phones for many years.

I just toss in newsy articles I discover just as a matter of general interest & info.

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

Thanks
    Yea I saw that Drew and ruirib, thanks. the only problem now with the Nokia, is that they (Nokia) have gone exclusive with AT&T. I can't believe they did that,but oh well. I'm not going to switch carriers just to get a Lumina. The 8x and the 8s both look like pretty good phones. But here again, Im gonna wait because as soon as I move to 4G, my unlimited data plan is history.....
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Yeah, I agree, the exclusivity strategy doesn't look too good to me. Seems quite dumb, actually.