New Lounger
    Thanks

Trouble installing Adobe Flash player

i can not instal the adobe flash player it stops at 7 % every time and says download timeout, any suggestions, thanks in advance

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Nicky, Welcome to the Lounge. I moved your post to a new thread.

Does it time out during the download or during the install? Which browser are you using, and what version (I assume IE)? Have you had Flash installed previously? If so I would uninstall flash and try again.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think it would be during the "install download", which can get blocked by some antivirus programs as noted on the download page;

Please note, depending on your settings, you may have to temporarily disable your antivirus software.

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    i should clear all but just forgot to mention i just instaled fresh windows 7 ultimate, try to use flash on firefox browser have nothing else instaled yet, no antivirus programs installed , i try to uninstall it and install again but same thing around 10-15 times tried yesterday its finishing initailizing and then its starts instaling the program but failed every time i tried on 7% yesterday today i tried it again and it fails on 47% same thing 2 times in the row but when i tried excact same download 3 time it was successful, did anyone can explain this weird thing ,as nearly every time i try it to instal happens all the same, i believe adobe should work on their products with more precision, and i hope to see something very similar to adobe flash player on the net soon so we can have a choice at least and if someone ask me about my experience with it, i can say i hate it as mush as trojans

Thanks
    Glad you got it ironed out. Adobe has been a real PITA right along. There seem to be constant security problems. Unfortunately there are no real options.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had same problems with Adobe sometimes doesn't want to install, its a god thing that you installed my friend

Thanks
    I never try to do the Download/Install thing.
    I first get the latest version of Flash from a known good site, like File Hippo. They post updates almost weekly.
    Be aware, there are two versions of Flash. One is just for I.E. and the other is NON-I.E.
    If using Firefox, you need to download the NON-I.E. version. Once downloaded, install it, with your browser OFF.

Following these simple rules, I've NEVER had a problem installing Flash, or Shockwave, or even Java.
    I install the updates when I get them, and I keep the latest version on my Utilities CD so I can share them with my customers.

Good Luck!
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with Adobe Flash Player

I do not have difficulty installing Adobe Flash Player, but I have an even more annoying problem: in IE (8 or 9) I am CONSTANTLY being asked to install Adobe Flash Player. I have tried all the suggestions I have seen regarding this (uninstalling, re-installing, deleting the Macromedia folders in AppData, etc.). Sometimes it stops asking for an hour or so, but inevitably the request starts again. I have now given up altogether on IE, and use Firefox as my default browser!
    Anybody else have this problem?
    Paul

Dell Inspiron, 64-bit, running Win7 64-bit

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, Flash Player appears to work, but I still get constant requests to install it - the Adobe page says that I have version 11,4,402,265 already installed (which is not the latest version, it would seem), but whether I "Allow" the installation or "Do not allow" it, I get repeated reuests to install it - I have just had 13 such requests (via a pop-up) in the space of 1 minute.
    I have tried all the standard ways of enabling, disabling the blasted thing, etc., but I am still pestered by it. I cannot keep using IE under thee circumstances!!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If ActiveX Filtering is turned on then a site will not be able to access the Flash Player add-on, so will request its installation.

If ActiveX Filtering is checked for all sites at Tools, Safety, ActiveX Filtering then disable it for a specific site by clicking the filter button in the address bar then Turn off...

Bruce

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by _e` View Post
    Any way it is not supose to be such agressive, thats a very strange behaviour, do you have the cookies enable? I dont know if it set any cookie or temp file that when missyng or not recived make that behaviour, try to put the privacy level at the lowest[internet options/privacy] unistall flash then clear all temporary internet files, cookies, turn off firewall,and install the flash. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ use internet options to clean temp files and cookies, use ccleaner, fix regestry entrys, reebot it after all the cleaning and then install the latest version of flash.
    There's no connection between Flash and cookie settings on the Privacy tab. Flash content can work with all cookies being blocked.

Bruce

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your suggestions. I have already tried the uninstall-reinstall methods.

Bruce, I have to confess that I had not seen the ActiveX filtering controls. In fact it was turned off (presumably for all sites), and when I turned it on, as you say, I was not able use Flash Player, and was then asked to install it - but even then, the "demand" for installation was repeated over and over again, to the point of preventing me from progressing any further with loading a website.

I think I will just have to abandon IE altogether, and stick with Firefox.