Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up And the answer is... YES!

W/ Vista & Windows 7 it was not recommend & not supported to go from the RC (a beta) to Final (RTM or GA) via Upgrade. However, for quite a while now there has been discussion, curiosity, some saying yes & some no & some general uncertainty regarding Windows 8 RP (beta) to Final via Upgrade.

Many people, of course, would like to be able to do this (or, indeed, need to). Well, I, too, have been asking Microsoft about this for a while, seeking a definitive answer. I put the query to my cousin who works for MS @ the Redmond Campus. WE both thought it would be doable & OK. Today he has sent me this which, you will appreciate reading.

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...preview-144319

Bear in mind, of course, one had/has an underlying non-beta Windows OS before & to get or have the RP.

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2012-09-23 at 01:39.

Thanks
    According to the linked article, the key factor is that you had to have started the Windows RP install from within a qualified OS (XP,Vista, Windows7).

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    But, of course

"Bear in mind, of course, one had/has an underlying non-beta Windows OS before & to get or have the RP."

Even in a dual boot scenario, this would be true.

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

Thanks
    I installed Windows 8 over Windows 7 professional (64-bit) and all programs, files and setting integrated just fine. (Even Microsoft Media Player and Windows Image backup--neither of which come with Windows 8). I wonder if this will be the case with the retail version when it comes out later in October?
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Again, Peter, answer is, yes. This may help explain - http://www.nirmaltv.com/2011/11/24/u...-to-windows-8/

Cheers,
    Drew
    new_windows_logo1.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew1903 For This Useful Post:

petesmst (2012-09-27)