Word2000 envelope addresses

I am learning how to use Word 2000 and I was setting up to type an envelope with a letter. (All worked fine.)

Now I want to SHUT OFF envelope printing on this particular document. How do I do this? I erased all of the text in the address form and each time I try and print a document, WORD still wants me to insert a fresh envelope (which it does not print on) into the printer or else it will not print my document.

Thanks for any info.

Uranium Lounger
    Los Angeles Area, California, USA

Re: Word2000 envelope addresses

Hi Joe:
    What you did is you typed your letter, then went to Tools/Envelopes & Labels, set up your envelope & pressed the button "Add to document". Now your envelope is part of your document. To delete it, do the following:

1. Open your document.
    2. Press Alt+Ctrl+N (changes to normal view). This is the easiest, but not the only, way.
    3. You'll see your envelope at the top of the document & a double line that says "Section Break (continuous)". Select all the text from the beginning of the document up to & including that section break. If there's no text above it, just select the section break.
    4. Press delete & the envelopes gone.

Next time, you can print a document without pressing add to document. Only use that option when you want to be able to print the document & envelope again (or want a record that you created the document).

You can also print just the letter by opening the Print... dialog box & typing s2 in the pages box. The envelope is s1 (section one).

Don't feel bad. Been there; done that.

Hope this helps.