Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Word2000 envelope addresses
2001-01-25, 19:05 #1w2joGuest
Word2000 envelope addresses
I am learning how to use Word 2000 and I was setting up to type an envelope with a letter. (All worked fine.)
Now I want to SHUT OFF envelope printing on this particular document. How do I do this? I erased all of the text in the address form and each time I try and print a document, WORD still wants me to insert a fresh envelope (which it does not print on) into the printer or else it will not print my document.
Thanks for any info.
2001-01-26, 02:37 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Los Angeles Area, California, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Word2000 envelope addresses
What you did is you typed your letter, then went to Tools/Envelopes & Labels, set up your envelope & pressed the button "Add to document". Now your envelope is part of your document. To delete it, do the following:
1. Open your document.
2. Press Alt+Ctrl+N (changes to normal view). This is the easiest, but not the only, way.
3. You'll see your envelope at the top of the document & a double line that says "Section Break (continuous)". Select all the text from the beginning of the document up to & including that section break. If there's no text above it, just select the section break.
4. Press delete & the envelopes gone.
Next time, you can print a document without pressing add to document. Only use that option when you want to be able to print the document & envelope again (or want a record that you created the document).
You can also print just the letter by opening the Print... dialog box & typing s2 in the pages box. The envelope is s1 (section one).
Don't feel bad. Been there; done that.
Hope this helps.