Lounger
    Thanks

Win8 Enterprise evaluation

Last night I install the above in a spare partition. Everything went well & able to browse around & online too. I went to the Personalise section & click on that part labelled Trust PC to sync my passwords. Then I received a few emails about this Trust PC. Then I log off. This afternoon I received an email on my Yahoo account from my hotmail & it has no subject & cc to a whole string of contacts which I will never do. I open the msg & saw only a link to somewhere else. Then I went to my hotmail account but couldn't get in. Then a msg from MS saying somebody is using my account & I have to give my mobile number in order to get a security code. I got back my hotmail & have to msg my contacts to delete all the mails send to them.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that after installing Win8 Ent that I got my hotmail hijacked. Maybe I will reinstalled all over again.
    Intel CoreI7 P55/ 8Gb 1600 RAM DDR3/ NV GTS 570 1Gb PCIe/ HDD X 3 = 6TB/SSD x 1 128GB/ BDRW X 2/DVDRW x 2/ Corsiar 850W PSU & running on Win10 Pro 64bit

Thanks
    Toni, I have been using the Win 8 Ent. Eval. edition since it was made available on 2 separate PC's with no problems at all. Both users have Hotmail accounts as well as accounts from our ISP. No problems at all.

I have no idea what you are talking about with Personalize, Trust

This is what I get with Personalize on the PC Options page:

PCSettingsPersonalize.jpg

If I right click on the Desktop and choose Personalize I also do not see a Trust.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted, Switched to logging in with my Microsoft account today and found trust this pc under pc settings-sync your settings. Will look for more info before I turn it on.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    A PC you trust will allow you to use it to reset your password more easily, if you need it. It will also allow stuff like synching passwords and such. You have more detailed info here: http://www.howtogeek.com/121875/htg-explains-why-does-windows-8-want-me-to-trust-this-pc/

T
    he possibility to trust pcs was already available with Windows Live IDs, so this is not a completely new thing, although the integration with the OS is new, of course.