Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Funny but it works.

You want to hear, ( read ) a funny one ? I have an old ASUS-P4 here that ran W-8 CP fine but as it will not run RP, I got it back to W-7. I am on it now. The fun part is that it was, before W-8, on a 3-machine option of W-7. This one was #1, my sister has a key too. As I tried to install this one again, same key out of three, it would not accept the keys on the tab in the CD box. Hey, only two were ever used. I should be allowed to use the same keys on the same machine, no ?

Comes the funny part. I used the keys on a free upgrate to my Toshiba laptop and it was ACCEPTED ! It is now running fine. The Toshiba is a 64-bit machine and this one is 32-bit. Strange.

What do you make of this ? Computors are fun ! JP.

Thanks
    Good afternoon JP,

I believe it ran Win 8 CP but not Win 8 RP because of the increased security that MS is enforcing in the Bios. The NX, PAE, XD is being enforced starting with Win 8 RP. You might be able to check on a Bios update, but beware not doing a Bios update correctly can leave you with a paper weight instead of a PC.

A call to MS might have allowed the original key to be used.
    Last edited by Medico; 2012-09-24 at 18:02.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Good day, Medico. You wrote and I thank you :

A call to MS might have allowed the original key to be used.

I was not offered that option as I was this morning. I typed "Validation" and was offered to redo it. There were a few options. I chose to go and do the automatic phone call. I did all the numbers then was asked a question: How many machines did you use this key ? I said two. Remember, this is from a 3 key W-7 DVD, family offer. The recording said sorry, you keys are for a single machine. Lies, I paid for three licenses. Not being the least qualified upstairs, I started the "Validation" over again and it was my turn to lie, I said to the same question : one machine. And it got validated !
    What is going on ? Is the three key DVD now refused ? I know that the offer is discontinued but I wanted to revalidate the first machine that this DVD was used on, what is illegal with this procedure ?

Do please, set me right, I am still learning. Do you think that a voice call to an MS representative would have solved this dead end ? I am all ears, eyes. JP.