New Lounger
    Thanks

Task Scheduler has stopped running backup job

I have used Backup4all for several years as my daily backup program. It uses Windows Task Scheduler to schedule backups. Recently, backup jobs have failed to run as scheduled. Some times, a few days are skipped. When I discovered this, I started checking daily and found that it usually, but not always, does not run. When I look in the History, it shows me when it ran, but no indication as to why it didn't run. I tried recreating the backup job, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas what might be causing this erratic behavior or what else to try?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you checked event viewer to see if there is any further information there?

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Browni View Post
    Have you checked event viewer to see if there is any further information there?
    That would be my advice too. Find out why the backup fails to run rather than replace the launching mechanism without knowing.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

Thanks
    Windows 7 certainly has a History pane in Task Scheduler/Scheduled Tasks for logging the execution of a specific scheduled task, and there is also a completion code (or similar name) which can be Googled perhaps to give a clue about why it didn't actually run. You have to explore the particular task in the Task Scheduler/Scheduled Tasks to get this information.

I'm not sure whether Vista is so blessed.
    BATcher

Dear Diary, today the Hundred Years War started ...