3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Trying to download videos with RealPlayer

I have installed the latest (free) RealPlayer 15 in order to download videos from uTube. I use the latest Chrome browser(ver 21.0.1180.89 m) and have enabled the RealPlayer video download plugin “RealPlayer Video Downloader Extension 1.5”. According to the help file a popup should appear above the video stating “Download This Video”. My problem is that no such popup appears. I have tried un-enabling the extension in case the latest version of RealPlayer does not need it, but to no effect.What have I done wrong and how can I put it right.

Thanks
    Did you right click on the video?
    http://tech.lineshjose.com/how-to-do...ng-realplayer/

Jerry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2012-09-26)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes - there are twelve options but none about downloading to RealPlayer. I have looked at the link you gave but mine just does not work that way. Chrome was upgrade to a slightly later version seconds after I made the post, but no improvement, except the "spanner" has been replaced by three bars.

Mike

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just found that it works in IE - any idea why it won't in Chrome?

Mike

Thanks
    I find the same problem sometimes in Firefox and Realplayer. First I try a video I know is available for download - not all are. If the download window shows there, I presume the new video is not available.

If the download window isn't working anywhere, I update both browser and RP. Sometimes they just aren't in synch.

If that doesn't work, there might be info on FF about the problem

Finally, I take a deep breath, accept that things don't always work, and try again in a few days....or use IE

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You must disable Pepper Flash. I use the latest beta version of chrome. In all versions of chrome. First, open a google chrome browser window. Next. In the address bar enter chromelugins/. The top entry should be the one for Pepper Flash. Click, disable. Reboot. Make sure you have latest version of flashplayer from flashplayer website. Now, that Download bar should appear and you will be able to download from Youtube.

New Lounger
    Thanks

answer

Don't know how that stick out tongue got stuck in there. It should read: In the address bar enter, chromelugins/
    Sorry for the tongue.
    Last edited by branchline; 2012-10-05 at 01:29.