Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Local Application Administration

Copy or move the links from the "Admin Folder" to the the "All User folder".

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I've tried doing just that, but after I tried copying the admin profile to the users. That gave me crashes. Also when I've just tried copying the folders from the admins folder to the user's, I'd get th icon's, but they'd try to initiate windows installer for the corresponding app, and if the user was restricted then it wouldn't let the install continue seeing how he doesn't have those rights. So that doesn't work either way, seeing how reinstalling is what I'm trying to avoid having to do on numerous laptops.Not sure if I made it clear earlier, but the ultimate goal is to move these apps over to a user with restricted rights without having to reinstall apps already working under admin. I've even tried this while temporarily making that user a mem of admin group. I either get explorer errors the second the users dektop opens, or the icon's come through, but act as if it's just an authorized or published app and initiates win installer to install it.

Thanks to all that reply

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I did NOT say "<font color=red>profile</font color=red>" just the <font color=blue>links and/or folders of links</font color=blue> that are in the "Programs" folder under the admin
    "Documents Settings"
    Administrator
    Start Menu
    Programs

Also when a new user has access to the different apps the data links must be made by the "Installer". This includes the personel settings which are saved in the "Documents and Settings" area for each user. You will have all kinds of new folders for each users, this includes the network connection, My Documents, templates, temp files, internet temp files and etc depending on what software you have installed. This is the way that each users file is protected from the other users.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Local Application Administration

Sorry bout that, I tried both ways- with and without messing with the profiles. I just so happens that most of the trials were with an app that just didn't want to come over. I have all working now but one of them. The shortcut properties for it are strange, it has no string in the target field and it's greyed out to not take any entry. It's the right shortcut , it just seems to not be able to point to anything. I can work around that, but I just found it strange. Thanks for all of your help.....