Thanks

Facebook Error: "Unable to post comment. Try again."

I have referred to some of the issues raised in this matter in other threads in different contexts, so Administrators my try to lock this thread: I hope not, since this one gives all the latest details and is, in MHO, placed in the correct forum (at last!!)

Anyone had this error in Facebook: "Unable to post comment. Try again" ? (It occurs, for no apparent reason, sometimes lasting for several days at a time, irrespective of whether one uses Windows 7 or 8, Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10, Firefox, or Chrome---I have tried them all). There is even a Facebook Page named after this error(!)....But no solutions anywhere!! I have tried disabling add-ons in my browser, disabling my security program and using Compatibility View in IE, but ...nothing! Currently I am able to post in FB using Windows 7 and IE 9, but not Windows 8 with IE 10. A few weeks back Windows 7 and IE 9 yielded this error in FB. This sporadic issue is proving really maddening. I have e-mailed FB support (received a "thanks for reporting an issue, and then...silence). Microsoft Answers referred me back to FB. Any suggestions?
    (My Setup: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 8.1 Pro (64 bit); 16GB RAM; SAMSUNG SD840 PRO SSD (6GB/SATA III); Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2014 Premium, NIS 2015, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). (UEFI-booted)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry to revive a dead thread but I'm been experiencing the same issue and it's interesting in that I can't find the cause.

I often cannot join events, like comments or post on events. But as above the problems are sporadic and have little correlation with how I am accessing facebook.

I use several browsers on three different computers, two running Windows 8 one running Windows 7. I also use facebook on my mobile (both through wifi and though 3g). And the problem persists on all platforms but only occasionally. Disabling add-ons doesn't seem to help. I also access facebook from different ISPs.

the only conclusion I can draw is that the issues are server-side/account linked. So I created a new account to try to post on an event but it still didn't work.

This is a very weird problem indeed. I did some research and found out that facebook may select random users and conduct tests such as disabling certain features to test how this affects their usage. If the samples are small enough and the feature disabled are randomised then it is very difficult for users to determine what is causing the problems. Very clever and sneaky . It makes sense but I haven't been able to confirm these rumors.

Here is a links to one of the articles that suggest testing may be taking place: http://readwrite.com/2011/03/30/face...a_test_subject

Does anyone else have any insight on these issues?

Thanks
    For what it's worth. I CAN use Face Book without any trouble if I use Mozilla Firefox V17.1.0. However, If I use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer(?!) then I am unable to get any reaction to clicking on "like" or trying to enter any posts.
    (My Setup: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 8.1 Pro (64 bit); 16GB RAM; SAMSUNG SD840 PRO SSD (6GB/SATA III); Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2014 Premium, NIS 2015, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). (UEFI-booted)

Thanks
    The latest IE10 patch from Microsoft Update has enabled me to now have full functionality on FB again. So, "Flash" was almost certainly the culprit.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    ^ yes, flash and other pop ups would be the culprit in many occasions. How's IE10? I haven't used it yet. Is it any good from FF/Chrome?

Thanks
    @ionamartin123: I have found IE10 to be just fine. I am running it under Windows 8 (64-bit) and it is quick and (so far) entirely reliable. All subsequent updates to Flash have kept me fully able to access all sites that I have wanted to. I find it better than FF (although I have no doubt "die hard" supporters of FF will disagree!). I have never tried Chrome.