New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Outlook 2010: Random, frequent crashes (W7)

Recently Outlook 2010 has been crashing several times a day. I get no error messages, no freezes -- the program simply shuts down and closes any open (Outlook) windows. When I open it back up, it opens more quickly than it does from a cold start, and usually the reading pane is missing (I have to re-set that setting). The only Add-in that's enabled is Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in (do I need that?), and the Load behavior is shown as "Load on Demand, (not currently loaded)"

I can't think of any recent changes I've made to the computer, other than installing the patches recommended in PatchWatch.

Running W7 Home Premium (64-bit) SP1
    Outlook 2010 v14.0.6123.5001 (32-bit)
    Malwarebytes 1.65.0.1400
    Avast 7.0.1466
    Integard 2.0.0.9047
    Secunia 2.0.0.3003
    Soluto 1.3.971.0
    HP G62-340US Laptop

Administrator
    Thanks
    In the past, a corrupted email or attachment would occasionally cause a problem such as you describe. Does this happen when you access a particular email?

Also, anti-virus plug-ins have been known to cause such behavior.

Joe

Thanks
    Following up on Joe's suggestion, try running Outlook in safe mode. If you don't experience crashes in safe mode, enable your add ons one at a time until you find the culprit.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, guys. I had assumed that having the add-ins "disabled" would have been sufficient. What I've done now is to run it as an administrator and actually remove the add-ins. So far, that seems to be working. What I don't know is whether any of those add-ins were important, but I'm guessing not -- ??

I'll let you know if anything changes.

Thanks for your response --

Brint