2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Mail has stopped working

I have been using Windows Mail in Vista on my desktop PC to access my 'btinternet.com' mail for the last 2 or 3 years. I have had no problems doing this until recently when I fiddled about with my settings to require password input each time. This didn't work so I tried to reset everything as before but now I get the message:

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Wykes', Server: 'btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

As far as I know, all my settings are identical to those I used before and I have not changed any other settings or software on the PC.

I am using a service from a company called Carbonite to back up all my data externally, but this problem arose several weeks after starting to use this service.

I am using Outlook on my laptop and have not had any problems so it is probably reasonable to assume that it is not a problem with the btinternet (now BT Yahoo email service.

Any help gratefully received.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There's a shortlist of things to check here: Easily Troubleshoot & Resolve 'Outlook E-mail Client' Error Code 0X800CCC0E!

Bruce