Thanks

Angry Did you know that Skydrive....

Hi Loungers,
    If you do as in my image, the picture you right clicked gets added automatically to your SkyDrive files if you have one.

Capture.JPG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Ken Kashmarek
    It only adds it to your SkyDrive if you have a Live ID account and WLM logs on to that account.

If you don't have a Live ID (cancel out of the Live ID logon), then the message goes to your OutBasket and becomes a failed send operation that blocks other send operations because it wants to access SkyDrive (WLM 2011).

Thanks
    Hi Ken,
    I have never used the method I described above, but regularly send photos in the body or as attachments in emails and they don't get added to Skydrive. As you know, I always sign-in to WLM.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Ken Kashmarek
    The point is that they get added to SkyDrive when you use other applications that offer an email option ("email" in one of the menus) or a "send to" option where you can choose "mail recipient" and the selected file (or files) are photos (also when using Windows Explorer select photo file and right click to choose "send to"). WLM 2011 builds a photo album and drives the email message through a Live ID dialog so the photo album is posted to SkyDrive. In these cases, WLM must be the computer default mail client.

Photos inserted in the body of the message or simply attached directly to the message don't have this issue (programs that hit this problem if you don't have a Live ID, include Paint Shop Pro, Corel Paint, Microsoft Paint, and Picasa).