Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth MIA

Lounger
    Thanks

Bluetooth MIA

I have an Asus Win 7 64 bit laptop. When using Device manager and I uninstall Bluetooth RFCOMM, the manager does not recognize it is missing to reinstall it. RFCOMM is not at the Asus download center. I am confused, as usual. Jim

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Did you reboot the computer?

Thanks
    Do you have a switch on the front that may have accidentally been switched off. Mine does and I do once in a while.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quiick response. I was clicking the network icon which reloaded wifi stuff. A reboot did get bluetooth back. I am still trying to find the cause of my blue screen crash when I sign on to the internet. Updating drivers, deleting recent software. Thanks again for your help

Administrator
    Thanks
    Try BlueScreenView, it will give you information about what caused the crash.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

jambo313 (2012-10-01)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Have it downloaded and installed. I am running it as an ADMIN and it is blank. My crash screen says physical memory dump FAILED with status 0xC000009C.

The screen had STOP:0X000000F4 (0X0000000000000003, 0XFFFFFA800, AF14060, OXFFFFFA8000AF14340, OXFFFFFA800,035D9510. In another section in Recover there was a problem signature. 01 6.1.7600.16385 02 6.1.7600.16385 03 unknown 04 274 05 AutoFailover 06 1 07 No root cause OS Version 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 local ID 1033.

Thankyou very much ruirib for your help! I will continue to try to fix it and will keep you advised. Jim

Administrator
    Thanks
    Hi,

Make sure you have Windows configured to generate a minidump when the crash occurs: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...eate-bsod.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

jambo313 (2012-10-01)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    try running sfc/scannow from an administrator command prompt.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousclive For This Useful Post:

jambo313 (2012-10-01)

Lounger
    Thanks
    So far, I have a minidump setup but nothing on Bluescreen yet. I ran sfc/scannow and it identified a corrupted file but the info is running off the side of the screen. I have been on MS sites all night learning how to read log files. There must be a printLog but too tired for that now. A big thanks again for the links and great guidance. I will keep you advised. Jim

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello again,

I still have BSOD (blue screen of death). I ran sfc/scnnow and it did identify a corupted file that it can't fix. I do not know what file it was because the info ran off the screen. Is there a way to the Comand prompt screen larger before I do scannow. I have a repair disc in the DVD drive and when it tries to fix the problem it gives me an option to load drivers. Is there a disc of drivers I can use at this point? The last time I ran sfc/scannow it said it couldn't finish. Looking for ideas. Thanks for your help. Jim

Thanks
    See : How to analyze SFC log files.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228

Jerry

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Jerry and all,

I am going to have to quit my day job so that I can focus on my baby with BSOD disease. It's not easy for a plumber to even find the ON button, never mind about the crack. The file reading, Jerry, I'll discuss when I'm rested. A lot of progress has been made because I finally got my internet connection fixed by uninstalling bluetooth at the device manager and rebooting 3 times. My internet icon had a red X in a different icon than the bars. I fixed that because I searched here for RED X and someone did recently have a case. Each time I ran SFC/SCANNOW, it was fixing things and when the internet finally worked Win Updates took a long time doing it's thing and there was an icon that said it was MS file and it did something. Maybe Win 7 ordered the file it needed to fix itself? The next day, when I booted, it requested to do a CHKDSK and I allowed and it ran for over an hour, orphan files and all. Not done yet. Need to run sfc/scannow to check for corrupt files and I NEED to run Casper. Thanks to everyone on this VERY GREAT WEBSITE. Jim

Administrator
    Thanks
    Hi Jim,

I am glad you got it sorted .

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi again,

sfc/scannow tells me that I still have a corrupt file that it can't fix. I tried the findstr thing but it doesn't do anything. CHKDSK is running right now and doing a bunch of things. Jim

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi again,

Every time I enter findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.tx it doesn't work. Can you copy and paste in DOS? I do have files in the cbs.log. I have read the log in Notepad but that is a needle in a haystack! Any thoughts? Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast