New Lounger

Sort by Due Date in Outlook Tasks (2002)

Hello! First time poster here, so please feel free to let me know if I'm breaking any forum conventions.

In Outlook 2002 Tasks, I want to sort my unfinished tasks by priority then by due date, with highest priority and earliest due date at the top. My problem is with the way Outlook sorts by due date. When set to sort tasks by due date, Outlook does indeed sort earlier due date tasks first -- but it moves tasks with no due date to the top of the list.

To me, it makes more sense to have tasks with no due date go last in the list, not first, as they are assumably of lower priority than tasks with a due date of today or tomorrow, for example. Is there any way to make Outlook sort this way?

I currently am using a poor work-around of adding an extra column to each task containing a check box. I check the box for tasks that have a due date, and then set outlook to sort by the check box, then by due date.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Jon S.

4 Star Lounger
    Richmond, Virginia, USA

Re: Sort by Due Date in Outlook Tasks (2002)

You can try customizing your current view (View-Current View-Customize Current View). Click on Sort, then tell it to sort by priority first, then by due date. When I tried it, it only put the tasks with no due date in the top group if it was a high priority.

Hope this helps,