Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010: No visible messages in Sent items

I am running Outlook 2010 under Win7, standalone (no Exchange). Today I cleaned and compacted my PST using scanpst.exe, as I do every month.

I noticed late this afternoon that there are no messages VISIBLE in the Sent Items folder though there is a notation that there are 5328 messages in the folder (the number 5328 is listed in green to the right of the folder name). When I click on the Sent Items folder, I see a heading that says "There are no items to show in this view.". The view is set to "Arrange by date/Newest on top".

Any help you could give me in recovering the view of the contents of my Sent Items folder would be greatly appreciated. (On the advice of something I read online, I tried running the "Outlook /safemode" command, but that made no difference. There were still no messages visible in the Sent Items folder.)

Outlook Sent Items.PNG

The above is a snip so you can see what i'm describing.

thanks in advance!
    Henry S. Winokur
    PC .HLP Computer Consulting -- Supporting family & SOHO Windows users in the DC area since 1990
    Bethesda, MD

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    With the Sent Items folder selected, choose the View tab and then in the arrangement group, select one of the options (date, from, etc).

Lounger
    Thanks
    That did it. Many thanks! ;-)
    Henry S. Winokur
    PC .HLP Computer Consulting -- Supporting family & SOHO Windows users in the DC area since 1990
    Bethesda, MD

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Great .