Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks

I use

I use a software called Tubebox. It's free, has no ads and works on more than just one portal, so you can download not only from youtube. I got it recommended by a friend and and I love it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    you can use Freemake video downloader as mentionned earlier.I just tried it before posting & it worked just fine.I even converted the video to mp3(audio only) without issue....

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thecensor View Post
    It used to be very easy to download videos from Youtube, but now it seems that every web site and application that used to do it can't anymore. Has anyone been able to download from Youtube recently?

Thanks
    Which internet browser and download applications are you using? Some download applications are browser specific, so make sure the application is designed to work with the browser you are using.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are using the Firefox browser, just click Tools -> Add-ons, which brings up the Add-ons Manager. Then just use the search box to search for YouTube downloaders. I use Easy YouTube Video Downloader 6.6. When you visit YouTube, it adds a Download button under the video. You can download it as several file types.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried that just recently? If so and it works, must be one Google forgot to clobber. That was the one legal method for downloading (embedded download button on the web page) but Google disabled that in Chrome along with all the non-legal extentions.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just used it to download the full Aqualung album by Jethro Tull. It wouldn't convert for MP4 but did for MP3. It is a Firefox extension. Obviously Google Chrome has blocked downloads from Google YouTube.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    P.S. Google Chrome is spyware - reports everything you do with it back to Google. The information is added to the personal profile that Google has built up on you if you use your real name when you sign in to its services. If you have an Android phone, it is Google's operating system, which you probably use your real name for in order to pay for the service by credit card or Direct Debit, so Google knows your real name. It can find out who you are when you use YouTube from your internet IP address and information supplied by Google Street View and Maps. That is why I don't use anything from Google.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok thanks, I'll have to check it out because once in a while I want to download something from YouTube but I like it if I can meet their TOS, and the embedded Download button does, unless Google just changed that as well.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    5. Your Use of Content

You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
    It's still in the TOS.

I didn't recognize Firefox at first either because it looked so much like Chrome; I was like, how did I start another instance of Chrome? It even started up in half screen display mode jus like Chrome. Google didn't buy Firefox at some point did they?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Friends, I hope this does not come out too ignorant, and I do not know how much of this is splitting legal hairs, but seems to me if one watches (downloads) a YT video, some file already gets placed somewhere on one's confuser. For example, years ago I remember going through my Temporary Internet files folder to retrieve certain data I downloaded. I think I had to press some magic button to access the "hidden" files. I would think a person would have some kind of rights over the files that already existed on the computer and were not deliberately extracted by means of extraneous software?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Acquiring a file as a by-product of another process (watching with no limit on the temp folder buffer) probably won't get very far in any legal inquiry. It would still qualify as copying or reproducing the material illegally even though your computer did all the work.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    Acquiring a file as a by-product of another process (watching with no limit on the temp folder buffer) probably won't get very far in any legal inquiry. It would still qualify as copying or reproducing the material illegally even though your computer did all the work.
    Well, I mean strictly in terms of personal, private use, much like we do for backup copies of CD's, DVD's, software, etc. The only way in which I could possibly conceive of any unwarranted deprivation to anyone is that everytime a person clicks to watch a YT clip, some of them might be monetized to where the more views, the more goes into the coffers. And again, I can liken it to recording an NBA basketball game-- they sure warn you about copying, right? Yet, it is perfectly legal to record the game and play it back as many times as one wants, even edit it. And yet again, it's perfectly fine for someone to force feed your computer with sneaky spy cookies. I've got a huge peeve right now because whenever I Google through pages with IE, I cannot use my backbutton to back out because apparently Google in conjunction with doubleclick prevents that, and the more I click, the more times doubleclick logs another entry! At least, that's what seems to be going on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12