Thread: Mac Attachments

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mac Attachments

As a volunteer webmaster (40 sites) I get lots of emails for updates including adding pictures of events to post. Some of these come from Mac email users and many are seniors so not too computer savvy.
    Recently there has been a rash of emails with the pictures ebbed in the email instead of attached. So this is pictures from a Mac mail user to a PC (Office Outlook as it happens) I go back and ask for the pictures to be sent as attachments and get a cry of 'I tried but..." I am not a Mac user so do not know how to advise them.
    Can some one give me a very simple response to give to these folks that will tell them how to attach files from their Mac to my PC? It has to be simple and non-threatening or it won't work.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    There may be someone who can help, but this might be a question that would get more of a response from a Mac Forum.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thannk you - will try

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure99 View Post
    As a volunteer webmaster (40 sites) I get lots of emails for updates including adding pictures of events to post. Some of these come from Mac email users and many are seniors so not too computer savvy.
    Recently there has been a rash of emails with the pictures ebbed in the email instead of attached. So this is pictures from a Mac mail user to a PC (Office Outlook as it happens) I go back and ask for the pictures to be sent as attachments and get a cry of 'I tried but..." I am not a Mac user so do not know how to advise them.
    Can some one give me a very simple response to give to these folks that will tell them how to attach files from their Mac to my PC? It has to be simple and non-threatening or it won't work.
    Thank you.
    Well, I am a pc user with limited knowledge of Mac who often attempts to help an elderly Mac user..... what you tell them is:

1. open Apple mail and then open a new email.
    2. open iPhoto,
    3. Highlight the picture they want to send (click it so it gets a yellow border).
    4. put cursor on picture and hold mouse button down and drag picture to desktop while holding mouse button down - do not let up on the mouse button until the picture is ON the desktop. A copy WILL remain in iphoto. Do not worry that you are removing it from iPhoto.
    5. Drag picture from the desktop to your open "new" email and drop it on the email and it will become an attachment. (NOTE: you can't drag it right from iPhoto to the email. You must drag it to the desktop first.)
    6. Address email, type in a subject line, type in any caption information you wish, and click SEND and wait for the whoosh sound (assuming your sound level is up high enough to hear it).

This picture will arrive in your inbox as an attachment - a full size one, so if it is a 3MB picture, you will get a 3MB picture. You will have to resize it to the size you need. Windows Mail and Outlook Express would allow us to resize our photo before sending it so if the person needed a 75K photo as an attachment instead of a 3 MB photo as an attachment, you could send it as a 75K photo and the recipient didn't have to resize it themselves.