New Lounger
    Thanks

10/5/12 Definition 1.137.1152.0 kills Nuance Paperport

I just spent $9.95 to learn that today's Windows Defender Definition update sabotaged my Nuance Paperport v.12 software. It's an easy fix, if you have the installation CD: just pop that in, and act as if you're installing the app until you're given the choice to Repair or Remove. Repair worked fine. Hope this helps somebody, someday.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    That might explain the scanner problem with my work computer this afternoon. My work computer has PaperPort also (though I'm at home now and I don't remember if it's version 11 or 12) and after installing the most recent Windows Updates I could open PaperPort just fine, but it told me that my default scanner was not attached (also, the OneTouch icon no longer appeared in the Task Tray). In PaperPort I clicked the button to choose a scanner, but only the TWAIN check box was active, and the WIA check box was grayed out. I went through a scanner driver uninstall/reinstall process outlined in a PaperPort support article and my scanner was again recognized correctly: http://support.visioneer.com/Knowled...ner Driver.asp