New Lounger
    Thanks

After power on PC goes in standby mode

ok.... today i connected my PC monitor cable to LCD (SONY BRAVIA) ..i dont know but suddenly PC got hang... so did power OFF.. connected cod back to monitor . now when i am trying to start my PC.. it makes some sound and goes directly into standby mode .. keyboard/mouse goes dead..and nothing appears on screen..on my monitor i am seeing in auto save mode..

so what would be the problem...i have windows XP and its dell precision t 34000 and 3 years old ...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Could be faulty graphic card / cable / Monitor or bad memory chips. Need to try to see if another monitor / graphic card / memory will work.
    Are you able to get into Bios settings as maybe graphic card set to wrong type of PCi slot. (Often can set it to auto detect).

You could also disconnect that fish you connected to monitor as I'm sure it not good.
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2012-10-06 at 10:24.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    no ..after power on in just 2/3 seconds it goes into standby mode ,my monitor just shows "DELL" and goes blank..is it due to high resolution of TV ? which has cause this issue?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It could be many things incompatibility with TV you are connecting it to. (Although I assumed you connecting it to a monitor not a TV). try connecting to only a standard monitor not a TV at same time.

Also should have reset resolution to monitor settings before disconnecting TV. Maybe if re connect to TV you can change resolution to a lower setting that Monitor can support then re start / shut down then reconnect monitor. and reboot.
    Don't change screens while booted up always shut down then change screens and reboot so that bios can reset itself to change of screen.
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2012-10-06 at 10:35.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    currently its connected to standard monitor.. as i said earlier ..when i turn it on it makes some sound and goes in sleep mode..i see no power to keyboard and mouse but CPU light keeps glowing actually i see 4 lights on CPU case with numbers 1 2 3 4 ..LED of 3 and 4 are glowing 1 and 2 are OFF ..what these numbers represent ?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Will need to look in motherboard manual (maybe able to download it from their site) to see what the lights mean. But sounds like it may be memory problems. If you have more than one stick of memory try removing one to see if it boots then if not replace it and remove the other one just for elimination purposes. Could still be a faulty graphic card. Be nice if you had another card to try or try your one in a different computer as the TV may have damaged it.
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2012-10-06 at 17:35.
    Clive

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I wonder if Anay resolved his problem would be nice to know.
    Clive