Lounger
    Thanks

What program captures hot key?

I have a program that I've used for many years (Perfect Keyboard) which allows me to have hot keys defined to play a macro in any application. Currently I'm using XP (soon to be moving to Win 7 64 bit) Over the past two weeks I have done several software updates and Windows XP updates. Somewhere along the way, one of the hot key combinations has stopped working (Ctrl-Shift-T) in Perfect Keyboard. I can change the hot key combination to anything else and it works. but I've gotten accustomed to using this combination for a particular macro. I am not able to assign any macro to this hot key combination so I think some other program, process or service is hijacking that hot key combination. I've tried shutting down as many of the programs that I have running in the background to try to locate the offending program.

Does anyone have an idea about how to find the program, or know of a common program that uses this key combination?

Doug

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Ctrl-Shift-T is used by most browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera) to "reopen last closed tab": Table of keyboard shortcuts; Browsers; Tab management

I think it would be easier to choose a new key combination for your macro.

Bruce

Lounger
    Thanks
    Since I use FireFox almost exclusively, I disabled the hot key combination ctrl-shift-T but it still will not launch any of my macro's. Since I have used the hot keys for several years without conflict, I suspect some other program is grabbing keystrokes before my macro program does.

Doug