Star Lounger
    Thanks

WinXP and network printer.

I have a USB Canon C755 printer/scanner/fax/copier.
    Everything prints fine from my desktop machine (the one that actually has the printer connected to it), but when I go to print from my laptop (also WinXP), I get an error on the desktop machine saying:
    Spoolsv.exe - Application error
    The instruction at 0x100048f9 referenced memory at 0x0003016c. The memory could not be read. Click OK to continue.

See attached file for screeshot of the error.

My only option is to click OK. Nothing prints. If I reboot the dekstop machine, durting bootup, the document begins to print, so I know I have a connection to the printer. Something in the desktop machine is causing the problem.

Any help guys?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WinXP and network printer.

Anybody?

Thanks

I could only find these two KB's relating to spoolsv errors. The second one, although relating to a different OS and printer, does state:
    This issue may also apply to printer drivers from other printer manufacturers.

Q305362 "Spoolsv.exe Has Generated an Error" Error Message on Computer Connected to a Lexmark Printer

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Just an idea that might help - sure won't hurt to check.

Use explorer and click your way to the services shortcut. The path to mine looks like this: <font color=448800>Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsUtilities & ToolsMicrosoftAdministrative Tools</font color=448800>. Your Admin Tools folder may be directly in the Programs folder.

Double click to open services and scroll down to <font color=blue>Print Spooler</font color=blue>. Make sure the status is set to started and the type is set to automatic. It may be necessary to check this same information on your laptop.

HTH
    - Ricky