New Lounger
    Thanks

Chatzum.com in Chrome

Somehow I now have Chatzum resident in Chrome and Firefox. Cannot be removed by simply disabling it within either browser.
    It is resident in my registry, evidently with many entries. It's all over the net when you inquire how to remove it, but answers
    are 'different' on each site. I consider this Malware. Anyone know how to nuke this thing?

Thanks
    I would use an uninstaller app such as Revo Uninstaller in the advanced mode (you will see this as you run the app). Afterward I would use CCleaner to find leftovers. Use the registry cleaner very carefully. Look at everything that shows up. You can remove just the items from the app you are uninstalling or everything. You will be asked if you would like to back up the registry first. Do so!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Medico,
    Thank you for your advice. Downloaded Revo, but Chatzum does not appear in the Hunter tab. That is my problem. It's resident in my registry, but does not appear as a 'program' that can be uninstalled. Not in CC cleaner, not in Revo. This page is scary for me on how to delete it manually,
    http://www.zimbio.com/Spyware/articl...Redirect+Virus

Ran a full malware scan and virus scan using Vipre...it did not recognize it as a threat...did not find it. Sandman

Thanks
    Have you tried MalwareBytes Antimalware or Spybot Search and Destroy or Super Antispywear. If this is indeed malware these might help.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy