Star Lounger
    Thanks

Winsock is corrupted or something like that

I have a XP (SP3) netbook. Yesterday I started it again after 2 weeks. Now Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Google Drive and some updaters are unable to connect the internet. But Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, Skype, the automatic windows updater and MSE-updates work all fine. So it is not the physical connection.
    Last time before closing down I uninstalled Comodo Firewall and activated Windows Firewal. But after that so many windows updates have been done, that I don't have the restore-point of uninstalling Commodo anymore.
    In IE I had run the connection wizard several times, it detects problems and proposes a reset a winsock-library to default configuration + restart, but that doesn't solve anything. Also in Configurations - Network (= same window than IE-options) I have reset everything to default.
    The connection wizard log tells me that the list of "providers" is oké, but that none of them can perform a test except the UDP/IPv6 -provider. also the LSP is not valid. Result: connection oké, No http, https, ftp connection possible. ????
    Any suggestion what to do ?
    Thanks a lot. Ferdinand

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Have you tried reinstalling Comodo, just to see if things work again? I think it is quite likely that Comodo is to blame for your situation.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Ruirib,

I didn't expect that reinstalling a commodo personal fireweall from 2009 and than reuninstalling it, could help, but it did.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Great, I am glad it worked .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

dieten (2012-11-13)