Thanks

Blank Forms, missing input fields and everything. Access 2007

I have a multi-form MS Access program with the frontend and backend on separate servers. My inital tester, the analyst, is not having any problems but when the users test the program it works fine until they select the add new screen. The analyst confirms that the screen is totaly blank, the lables and text boxes do not show up. I'm using the following command to start the form.

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNew", , , acFormAdd

This program has been in production for years. We were moving it to a new server and a new version of Access. No changes were made to the code.

Thanks for your help,
    SadieAnn

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieAnn View Post
    I have a multi-form MS Access program with the frontend and backend on separate servers. My inital tester, the analyst, is not having any problems but when the users test the program it works fine until they select the add new screen. The analyst confirms that the screen is totaly blank, the lables and text boxes do not show up. I'm using the following command to start the form.

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNew", , , acFormAdd

This program has been in production for years. We were moving it to a new server and a new version of Access. No changes were made to the code.

Thanks for your help,
    SadieAnn
    Have there been any changes to user permissions on the server? Is it possible that your tester has a higher set of network permissions than the ordinary users?

Thanks
    Hi Sadie,

This problem indicates that the form's recordset is returning zero records. Check the query or table that serves as the recordset for the affected form.
    Tom Wickerath
    Microsoft Access MVP
    4/1/2006 - 3/31/2012

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, we had permissions problems and they were corrected.