2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OL 2003 Junk Folder AutoArchive Not Working

My XP machine running Outlook 2003 Pro has two different Junk Email folders.
    The one show under the Inbox folder is always empty.
    The one under my Personal Folders gets delivery of the SPAM.

I have the AutoArchive settings for each Junk folder set to delete everything after 1 day.

My problem is nothing is ever getting deleted.

I don't know why there are 2 Junk folders, but it seems like that shouldn't matter if they both have the same AutoArchive settings, should it?

I'm thinking of creating a new Test folder to put mail in and see if AutoArchive will delete it, but that's not the real answer to my problem.

Help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Looks like you installed an anti spam add in at some point which probably created the folders under Inbox. Look at your add ins and see if one is still installed. If you find one, disable it and see if your problem goes away.
    See: http://blog.techhit.com/5527-how-to-...ns-and-plugins

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What is set at Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive?

Nothing will happen unless something is set there.

There are two groups of AutoArchive settings: global settings and per-folder settings.
    Global settings — or default settings — determine whether AutoArchive runs at all and how it handles the items in any Outlook folder.
    Per-folder settings override the default settings so users can AutoArchive individual folders differently.

How AutoArchive works in Outlook [2003]

And if it's set to run at the default of every 14 days then nothing is going to get deleted every day.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-10-15 at 19:44.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Global Auto Archive Settings

OK, Here's what I've done in the Global Auto Archive Settings.

This is probably just temporary to prove that my Junk Folder setting will take effect if I want to run everything on a daily basis.
    Does this look right?

Once I get squared away I'll probably go back to the default schedule and let Outlook filter and accumulate the junk until Auto Archive dumps it.
    I just wasn't tuned in to the global setting overriding the folder setting, I guess.

I just deleted the extra Junk Folder showing under my Inbox. I think it was generated by an old AntiVirus tool I don't use any more.

Thanks for the help. It feels dumb after I think about it now.....
    Attached Images Attached Images