WhoDat

Newbie - need help with table updates (Access 2002)

I am brand new to Access but not to databases, and I am having a problem with table updates which I'm sure is very basic. For example, in the Northwind database when a new order is entered via the order form, shipping address data (CompanyName, Address, etc.) is added to the Order Table in corresponding fields (ShipName, ShipAddress, etc.). Can anyone help me with this?

Everett

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Newbie - need help with table updates (Access 2002)

Exactly what is your question? We'd be glad to help but we need something a bit more specific to respond to. Are you asking about the cascading update between Customers and Orders, or about adding those values to the Shipping fields, or something else?
    Charlotte

WhoDat

Charlotte,

I am trying to see how the shipping fields in the Order table are updated, cascading update or otherwise. Specifically, I want to see how the values are put in the ShipName, ShipAddress, etc., fields when a new order is entered.

Thanks,

Everett

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Look at the code behind the AfterUpdate event of the combobox. It assigns the current values of the customer address, etc. to the shipping address controls, which inserts them into the fields bound to those controls.
    Charlotte

WhoDat

Charlotte,

Thanks for the help.

Everett