Thanks

Surface RT tablet available for preorder: Why I am waiting

http://www.zdnet.com/surface-rt-tabl...ng-7000005924/

Its almost always better to wait on new technology to see how its accepted. Otherwise you could be stuck with an expensive orphan.

Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I doubt that gentleman will ever buy stuff from Microsoft, to be honest.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Surf Ace.

Hello Rui and Jerry.

I would like to get a Surface, the Pro model, when it comes out. One thing that is not clear to me is the KB cover, the "type" one and the KB one, I think this is how the offer for a present command states it. What it the difference in the two of them ? If the end result is the same, I will go for the lesser cost, are they accessory or is there always a Cover-KB included in the sale ? I would go for this instead of the eye-bud because of the KB.

You be good. JP.

Quote from the add : I would likely want the Type Cover with real keys for typing, and that adds another $130 to the total. I'm not ready to plunk down $829 to see if the Surface RT works for me.

2nd quote : People like to harp on the fact that you must pay extra for the touch cover which is practically mandatory to get the fullest experience out of it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi Jean,

This may help distinguishing the touch and the type covers: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/18/microsoft-one-ups-other-tablet-smart-covers-with-surfaces-key/

R
    egards

Rui

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Keyboards

That did it, Rui, many a thanks. Methinks that the Type KB would be ideal.
    Rest to be seen if this declaration that only Surface approved printers will work or does this only apply to the RT model ? Time will tell.
    I have already started putting a few razbutnicks aside for this. You be good.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    By Friday, November 2, they will start showing up on Craig's List, although probably at inflated prices. By Black Friday, (November 23 or 30?) people who bought them on Friday, October 26 should be getting sick of them and starting to sell them cheap. So wait a bit and get one on ebay or Craig's list.