5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

site not remembering my signing details on the home page.

All of a sudden when I open windows secrets at the home page I am asked to re-sign in every time (even if I go to the lounge and then back to the hoe page I have to sign in again) it does not remember my details. This did not happen only a week ago so what has changed. I remembers my details for the lounge but not the home page. This is getting very annoying very nearly enough to never visit windows secrets again.
    This does not happen on all the other sites I have signed into they remember my details.
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2012-10-18 at 17:27. Reason: Patient of the spell checker
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    Have you checked the Remember Me box when you sign in to the Lounge? I do not believe there have been any changes to the Lounge that I have noticed.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Hi CC
    do you use CCleaner? or make a new bookmark for the page you want.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I checked remember me everytime I have to resign in. It was working before.
    Now I even have to resign in if I go to forums then back to home page.
    Most annoying.
    Am using Firefox version 17 ( May try and see if does same thing in IE).
    Will let you know.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No it will not remember the sign in details even on IE9 so not a firefox problem.
    Even told IE to remember the password for next time.
    Clive

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Think I resolved it found if I deleted the saved bookmark, signed in then re-bookmarked the home page it seems to remember the details next time I launch WS from the bookmark. But still have to sign in again when go to lounge and back to home. (But not sure if it did this before as normally once finished with lounge I close the tabs or visit some other site.)
    Seems to work same in both Firefox and IE.
    Strange!!
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2012-10-20 at 08:36.
    Clive

Thanks
    Sounds like a "corrupt" cookie.

Best solution would be to go through your browser options, and clear ALL cookies. (or use CCleaner or similar app to clear all cookies)

The downside of that is that you'll need to recreate all your cookies for any sites you like to stay logged into/save your password on. That is a minor drawback, and usually makes people not like that option very much.

The next best solution, which I don't like as much because people tend to rarely get it right, is to just go to your cookie directory and delete all cookies for windowssecrets (There will be AT LEAST 2, possibly more - ensure you search exhaustively as they may not be in perfect alphabetical order and they may not be named exactly the same/start with the same characters). You will only have to recreate your cookies for windows secrets in order to say logged in/save your password.

Cookies become corrupt for a number of reasons. Browser crashes and things like that of course can cause cookie corruption. Exceeding size limits can cause corruption - cookie size limits vary by browser, and cookies can increase in size depending on what the site is storing in them, and how long the cookie has existed for.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; 2012-10-20 at 22:13.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    Sounds like a "corrupt" cookie.

Best solution would be to go through your browser options, and clear ALL cookies. (or use CCleaner or similar app to clear all cookies)

The downside of that is that you'll need to recreate all your cookies for any sites you like to stay logged into/save your password on. That is a minor drawback, and usually makes people not like that option very much.

The next best solution, which I don't like as much because people tend to rarely get it right, is to just go to your cookie directory and delete all cookies for windowssecrets (There will be AT LEAST 2, possibly more - ensure you search exhaustively as they may not be in perfect alphabetical order and they may not be named exactly the same/start with the same characters). You will only have to recreate your cookies for windows secrets in order to say logged in/save your password.

Cookies become corrupt for a number of reasons. Browser crashes and things like that of course can cause cookie corruption. Exceeding size limits can cause corruption - cookie size limits vary by browser, and cookies can increase in size depending on what the site is storing in them, and how long the cookie has existed for.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks Matt
    Have cleared all cookies via firefox options but still does not remember my sign-in details when change from lounge back to home. Remembers signin on launch of WS from bookmark but once go to lounge (which does remember my sign-in details) then go back to home I have to sign in again even though I have never really left WS.
    Though if I just relaunch WS from the bookmark instead of returning via WS the sign-in details are remembered.

Thanks for your suggestions though greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2012-10-22 at 12:16.
    Clive