Lounger
    Thanks

Explorer task bar and Alt+Tab icon

When I have Explorer open, the Explorer task bar and Alt+Tab icon changes depending on what contents are in the folder that is open in Explorer. Is there a way to set this icon to something that doesn't change, like ExplFoldr.JPG? I find it hard to find my explorer window with Alt Tab because it changes from musical notes to sheets of paper looking things to printer/frames/videos, argh.

Thanks
    What are you calling "the Explorer task bar"? When I use Alt + Tab it cycles through all open windows at whatever size I opened them to. There are icons in a box on screen that represent the folders, but this box is only visible when I cycle to Desktop; it's hidden behind any other windows as I cycle through. And the icons are large thumbnails of the actual folders.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Lounger
    Thanks
    Explorer task bar means the explorer button on the task bar when explorer is open. My alt+tab just shows icons, maybe my control panel > personalization set to classic causes our Alt+Tabs to be different looking?

Thanks
    It is most likely the Classic theme. I switched to Classic and tried Alt + Tab. It uses the Windows default icons for the type of folder you have open, and it doesn't cycle through open windows. There is a good chance that a way to change those icons exists, but I'm not familiar with one.

Perhaps someone else will weigh in on this.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows