2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy language problem in Chrome

Now this is mysterious...
    A few weeks ago I allowed a Slovak neighbour to log in to her email on my main machine, using the Chrome browser on Windows 7 64bit. Everything came out in Slovak of course during the time she was logged in. After she had logged out everything went back to English - or rather it should have done, but certain things (eg popup pages, maps and google translate) have started to display in Slovak despite the fact that my Chrome settings do not include Slovak and I have confirmed several times (in the advanced settings on Chrome) that I want everything in English.
    Furthermore, this creep towards Slovak appears to be gradual, so I'm afraid one day that everything will be displayed in Slovak on my main machine!

Even more puzzling - I have my Chrome browser linked to my own email address so that all settings (eg bookmarks) are kept and updated for all of my computers. However, the intermittent Slovak pages and popups occur only on my main machine, the other computers happy display everything in English and give no indication that Slovak was ever an option.

Apart from the possible solution of uninstalling Chrome totally on my main machine and then reinstalling it and reconnecting it to my email, can anyone suggest a less drastic solution?
    Thanks
    David
    Kind regards
    David
    dwsolo

mart44
    Have you tried clearing out the cache and history? ('Tools > Clear browsing data..')

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mart44 For This Useful Post:

dwsolo (2012-10-20)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Mart44
    That appears to have done the trick. Still puzzled as to why the problem arose in the first place, but if my neighbour comes requesting another log in, at least I'll know what to do afterwards :-)
    Kind regards
    David
    dwsolo

mart44
    That's good. Hard to say exactly why the problem arose but I know that browsers can get confused if the cache is allowed to become too bloated. Best to empty it as a matter of course once in a while in my opinion. Always a quick and good thing to try if any problems arise with the browser.

My browser(s) always run inside Sandboxie. This way, no matter what visitors or family do on the Internet, it won't affect the system permanently. Any malware or strange behaviour caused by browsing actions can be easily flushed away by emptying the sandbox (this empties the cache at the same time). I actually hide the browser shortcuts that would start the browser outside of Sandboxie's protection. It gives peace of mind when the family are using the Internet. It's good protection for when I'm on the Internet too.

If you have not heard of Sandboxie, you can read about this well-regarded program here:

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?F...AskedQuestions

I highly recommend it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mart44 For This Useful Post:

dwsolo (2012-10-21)