2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Standalone Addressbook

Hi,

I have an old .wab file which has been used for years as a standalone addressbook for a club to which I belong. In Windows 7, when I click to open this file, Windows Live Mail opens and wants to import it into my contacts list.

Since I do not it intermingled with my personal WLM contacts list in any way, I'm trying to find another standalone method of using this database file which will work in Windows 7. Can anyone suggest a standalone program which will be capable of handling groups of contacts? I believe there was a previous post using Thunderbird as a standalone. Would prefer not to install another full blown mail program, though, if there's a satisfactory alternative. Is anyone doing something similar? Thanks for any suggestions. judy

Thanks
    In Windows live mail, you can click on Contacts, then click on Category in the ribbon to create a new Contact Group. You can then click on Import on the ribbon to import your .wab contact list. I haven't tried it so I don't know if you can direct the import to your new category or if it just goes to your main contact list where you would have to manually move them to your new category.

Jerry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

judson (2012-10-21)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    http://download.cnet.com/Easy-Addres...-10064661.html this is cnets adware download engine, just opt out of a few things, then get your address book.
    Last edited by kurteb; 2012-10-20 at 16:15. Reason: more info

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kurteb For This Useful Post:

judson (2012-10-21)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Jerry. Worth a try. I just may make a small trial version with just a couple contacts, to see if it goes to that specific catergory. Judy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Kurteb, that program looks like just what I need, although I wasn't able to determine whether it will import a .wab file. Will do some more checking. Thanks much. Judy